One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mainly bipedal herbivorous dinosaur.
Infraorder Ornithopoda, order Ornithischia; includes the hadrosaurs, iguanodon, hypsilophodon, etc.
- ‘Such stomach stones or gastroliths have been reported from the gut regions or found nearby of prosauropods, sauropods and ornithopods.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the much smaller ornithischian dinosaurs - the ornithopods and stegosaurs - browsed on the undergrowth.’
- ‘Virtually all of the common major groups of theropods and ornithopods typical of the Late Cretaceous of northern North America are present.’
- ‘The best-known ornithopods are the hadrosaurs, or ‘duckbilled dinosaurs’, but the Clayton Lake tracks are a little too old to have been made by hadrosaurs.’
- ‘The ornithopods, for example, depended on fleetness of foot and acute sight and hearing.’
Late 19th century: from modern Latin Ornithopoda, from Greek ornis, ornith- ‘bird’ + pous, pod- ‘foot’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.