One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He simply juxtaposes the astounding ornateness and sculptural qualities of the Indian works with his own simple, starkly beautiful geometricism.’
- ‘Garish handles, knobs and bases cast from Victorian lamps and furniture decorate her works, parodying the stultifying ornateness that marked the era.’
- ‘He likes the poem's blend of directness, ornateness and obliquity, unsurprisingly for an Ulsterman who is given to verbal opulence and is notoriously elusive in some of his opinions.’
- ‘I love the style, the architecture, the richness, and the ornateness that can only come from those early days.’
- ‘It is the tension between Eastern ornateness and Western relevance; between palatial splendour and pared down simplicity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.