One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Garish handles, knobs and bases cast from Victorian lamps and furniture decorate her works, parodying the stultifying ornateness that marked the era.’
- ‘I love the style, the architecture, the richness, and the ornateness that can only come from those early days.’
- ‘It is the tension between Eastern ornateness and Western relevance; between palatial splendour and pared down simplicity.’
- ‘He simply juxtaposes the astounding ornateness and sculptural qualities of the Indian works with his own simple, starkly beautiful geometricism.’
- ‘He likes the poem's blend of directness, ornateness and obliquity, unsurprisingly for an Ulsterman who is given to verbal opulence and is notoriously elusive in some of his opinions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.