One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's Spanish-style front offices contain a cavernous, ornately designed room that once served as a Masonic lodge.’
- ‘In 1628, the ornately carved and heavily gunned ship had sunk - after less than a mile of her maiden voyage.’
- ‘The artwork here is also unexpected, the ornately framed watercolour portraits by Henry Wright Kerr contrasting sharply with the unadorned interior.’
- ‘Inside, the ceiling's ornately moulded plaster-work has been delicately repaired and the entire room whitewashed.’
- ‘The original train, which started service in 1982, was composed of the former private carriages of assorted Indian rulers, ornately decked out in teak and ivory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.