One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The patka or sash worn by both sexes was ornamentally woven with borders and buttis at both ends.’
- ‘With the exception of botanic gardens, ferns were rarely grown ornamentally much before the 1830s.’
- ‘On our way back to Karaganda we passed a series of small, ornamentally walled enclosures.’
- ‘Egrets in their pearly whites would settle ornamentally on the water or arrange themselves on the trees.’
- ‘You have seeds from a cedar (genus cedrus), which is not native to the United States but has been planted ornamentally.’
- ‘Known since pre-Columbian times for its yellow latex and laxative properties, P. tomentellus is grown ornamentally and in herbarium collections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.