Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who creates or initiates something.‘Wegener was the originator of the theory of continental drift’
inventor, creator, architect, author, prime mover, father, mother, maker, initiator, innovator, founder, pioneer, mastermind, discoverer, establisher, developer, designerneotericbegetterView synonyms
- ‘If Edison was the originator of the fiction film, they were the fathers of documentary.’
- ‘The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content.’
- ‘However, as pointed out by the originators of motivational interviewing, giving advice is rarely effective in changing selfcare practices.’
- ‘Like Peter, he has assimilated hip-hop culture to the extent that he now talks and dresses like the mainly American originators of the culture he strives to emulate.’
- ‘One of the most useful tools for looking at a belief system is to look at the founder or originator.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.