One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fee charged by a lender on entering into a loan agreement to cover the cost of processing the loan.
- ‘We eliminated the origination fee for our graduate students.’
- ‘Well, there's a 2 percent mortgage insurance premium, and a 2 percent origination fee.’
- ‘Lenders make less money from service and origination fees than they do on interest income.’
- ‘If it's higher than what you were promised, the bank may have slipped in an origination fee or given you a higher interest rate.’
- ‘The bill calls for the gradual reduction in loan origination fees, eventually paring down the fees to one percent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.