One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘In 1887, Notovich, a Russian scholar and Orientalist, arrived in Kashmir during one of several journeys to the Orient.’
- ‘That is often why the prejudices and aberrations of one generation of Orientalists were exposed and rejected by the next.’
- ‘He is one of the few Orientalists whose writings demonstrate a deep understanding of the Arab mind and how it works.’
- ‘You are a friend, I cannot simply release you without hard proof of your innocence, not in dangerous times like this. you are a great Orientalist.’
- ‘A few weeks later, Churchill, now Colonial Secretary, summoned a group of Orientalists to Egypt to determine the future of Mesopotamia, Transjordan and Palestine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.