One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supposed excess sexual energy or life force distributed throughout the universe which can be collected and stored for subsequent therapeutic use.
- ‘They are as likely to identify the energy with auras, chi, or orgone as with anything physical.’
- ‘According to Ruaridh, orgone is the sexual energy that flows through the body, and the apparatus draws it out to relieve stress.’
- ‘It's been a long time since I've read Wilhelm Reich but isn't orgone an energy?’
- ‘This creates centripedal force among waves of charge (spirit/chi/orgone/ barrakah/life force).’
- ‘I'd just add that the whole concept of orgone and Reich's work dealing with this, is a lot more consistent and sophisticated than it might appear on first perusal.’
1940s: coined by the Austrian-born psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich (1897–1957), from organism or organic + -one, on the pattern of hormone.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.