Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The climax of sexual excitement, characterized by intensely pleasurable feelings centred in the genitals and (in men) experienced as an accompaniment to ejaculation.‘she managed to achieve an orgasm’[mass noun] ‘they don't know what it is to reach orgasm’
emission of semenView synonyms
- ‘To limit sexual satisfaction to orgasms is narrow minded, when, as any gal knows, there are lots of different types of fun to be had, and of differing degrees of satisfaction at that.’
- ‘Hence, the aim of sexual intercourse for a male was to give the female an orgasm while avoiding ejaculation.’
- ‘Many people say that the orgasm is the most pleasurable and fulfilling part of sex.’
- ‘It also was felt to make erections last longer and orgasms are more intense.’
- ‘While ejaculation offered proof that a man had reached climax, a female orgasm was confirmed by physiological measurements such as heart rate.’
- ‘When he wrote that a woman could only conceive if she had an orgasm during sexual intercourse, it was taken as gospel and caused all manner of anxieties.’
- ‘Premature ejaculation (when orgasm comes on too quickly to satisfy either partner) is different from impotence.’
- ‘Both men and women are able to have orgasms but reaching orgasm requires a longer period of sexual arousal in the female.’
- ‘The dream is intensely erotic causing spontaneous orgasms.’
- ‘Not surprisingly perhaps vibrator advertisements, whether directed at doctors or women did not mention orgasms or sexual pleasure, just the health benefits of vibration.’
- ‘Realistcally, you're both not going to orgasm at the same time, so don't punish yourself.’
- ‘Having orgasms should be a pleasurable, thrilling experience… they make you breathless, your whole body becomes warmly ‘buzzed’, drained and satisfied.’
- ‘It was certainly amazing to be with him, but not because of exotic sexual positions or super orgasms.’
- ‘Although he had an orgasm and ejaculated, his erection remained hard for five hours and then subsided.’
- ‘The distinction arises partly because there is some question about whether female orgasms may result in an ejaculation, and partly because males can experience orgasms without ejaculation.’
- ‘Meanwhile, for most of us women, sexual pleasure and orgasms don't just come naturally.’
- ‘Thus they can engage in sexual activity and demand more and better orgasms, but the sexual activity they engage in is overwhelmingly on men's terms.’
- ‘My pelvic region felt more sensitive, and my orgasms felt more intense.’
- ‘The intensity of her orgasm had nearly brought tears to her eyes.’
- ‘The orgasm occurs slightly before ejaculation.’
- ‘Consuming even small amounts of alcohol interferes with a man's ability to control premature ejaculation and can result in fewer or no orgasms and decreased orgasm quality.’
Have an orgasm.
- ‘Or that it requires more effort for both women to orgasm together.’
- ‘Whenever I orgasm after drinking I have a terrible burning sensation while urinating, along with the feeling that I constantly have to pee.’
- ‘I have told him that women can orgasm without coming, but he says he needs to ‘see it to believe it.’’
- ‘Our expectation was that orgasm would lead to greater total recall error by producing greater overestimation.’
- ‘And every artery in my body orgasmed from the rush of fat and cholesterol.’
- ‘The Scandinavians, it seems, have problems as only 10 percent of Finns orgasm, only eight percent of Swedes and the Icelanders also have a chilly time of it.’
- ‘Intercourse is perceived to be a ‘natural’ means to orgasm for male heterosexuals, but it is more problematic for heterosexual women.’
- ‘She orgasms like this and settles back down again laying on top of my chest.’
- ‘He further believed that a woman could not orgasm until the semen actually touched the walls of her vagina.’
- ‘Because, really, how else are men going to learn the earth-shattering news: Most women don't orgasm through intercourse, and oral sex is probably your best bet if you want to make us come!’
- ‘Genital surgery as young children that was not personally consented to often causes compromised genital sensation and inability to orgasm, and functional damage can give rise to feelings of loss of body ownership.’
- ‘Yeah, and in case you've got any doubts: ‘Nothing is more glorious then hearing the trumpet of a goose when he orgasms!’’
- ‘The British music press - who had barely finished lighting cigarettes after orgasming over The Strokes, The White Stripes and The Hives - fell in love all over again.’
- ‘Tommy was apparently doing a good job as Meagen orgasmed only minutes after I arrived at the door.’
- ‘A male friend told me he becomes more emotionally attached to the woman he's looking at when he orgasms - he didn't like porn so much for this reason, because it took away from the connection of a real relationship.’
- ‘Do you leak urine during sex, particularly when you orgasm?’
- ‘Because I've never seen someone look quite so surprised when they orgasmed before.’
- ‘Pink Hair gushed at how the audience was supposedly orgasming over it.’
- ‘I river danced, I orgasmed - as a man and a woman, I shook my rubber boobs out, I modelled, I pelvic thrusted, I read peoples minds… pretty normal evening, you know?’
- ‘Ruckil was practically orgasming as he pushed the detonator.’
Late 17th century: from French orgasme, or from modern Latin orgasmus, from Greek orgasmos, from organ swell or be excited.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.