Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The climax of sexual excitement, characterized by intensely pleasurable feelings centred in the genitals and (in men) experienced as an accompaniment to ejaculation:‘she managed to achieve an orgasm’[mass noun] ‘they don't know what it is to reach orgasm’
emission of semenView synonyms
- ‘My pelvic region felt more sensitive, and my orgasms felt more intense.’
- ‘The orgasm occurs slightly before ejaculation.’
- ‘The dream is intensely erotic causing spontaneous orgasms.’
- ‘The distinction arises partly because there is some question about whether female orgasms may result in an ejaculation, and partly because males can experience orgasms without ejaculation.’
- ‘The intensity of her orgasm had nearly brought tears to her eyes.’
- ‘Realistcally, you're both not going to orgasm at the same time, so don't punish yourself.’
- ‘Consuming even small amounts of alcohol interferes with a man's ability to control premature ejaculation and can result in fewer or no orgasms and decreased orgasm quality.’
- ‘Not surprisingly perhaps vibrator advertisements, whether directed at doctors or women did not mention orgasms or sexual pleasure, just the health benefits of vibration.’
- ‘Premature ejaculation (when orgasm comes on too quickly to satisfy either partner) is different from impotence.’
- ‘When he wrote that a woman could only conceive if she had an orgasm during sexual intercourse, it was taken as gospel and caused all manner of anxieties.’
- ‘Meanwhile, for most of us women, sexual pleasure and orgasms don't just come naturally.’
- ‘Many people say that the orgasm is the most pleasurable and fulfilling part of sex.’
- ‘It was certainly amazing to be with him, but not because of exotic sexual positions or super orgasms.’
- ‘Thus they can engage in sexual activity and demand more and better orgasms, but the sexual activity they engage in is overwhelmingly on men's terms.’
- ‘Hence, the aim of sexual intercourse for a male was to give the female an orgasm while avoiding ejaculation.’
- ‘Having orgasms should be a pleasurable, thrilling experience… they make you breathless, your whole body becomes warmly ‘buzzed’, drained and satisfied.’
- ‘It also was felt to make erections last longer and orgasms are more intense.’
- ‘Both men and women are able to have orgasms but reaching orgasm requires a longer period of sexual arousal in the female.’
- ‘Although he had an orgasm and ejaculated, his erection remained hard for five hours and then subsided.’
- ‘While ejaculation offered proof that a man had reached climax, a female orgasm was confirmed by physiological measurements such as heart rate.’
- ‘To limit sexual satisfaction to orgasms is narrow minded, when, as any gal knows, there are lots of different types of fun to be had, and of differing degrees of satisfaction at that.’
Have an orgasm.
- ‘I river danced, I orgasmed - as a man and a woman, I shook my rubber boobs out, I modelled, I pelvic thrusted, I read peoples minds… pretty normal evening, you know?’
- ‘Ruckil was practically orgasming as he pushed the detonator.’
- ‘Intercourse is perceived to be a ‘natural’ means to orgasm for male heterosexuals, but it is more problematic for heterosexual women.’
- ‘Because, really, how else are men going to learn the earth-shattering news: Most women don't orgasm through intercourse, and oral sex is probably your best bet if you want to make us come!’
- ‘The British music press - who had barely finished lighting cigarettes after orgasming over The Strokes, The White Stripes and The Hives - fell in love all over again.’
- ‘I have told him that women can orgasm without coming, but he says he needs to ‘see it to believe it.’’
- ‘A male friend told me he becomes more emotionally attached to the woman he's looking at when he orgasms - he didn't like porn so much for this reason, because it took away from the connection of a real relationship.’
- ‘Because I've never seen someone look quite so surprised when they orgasmed before.’
- ‘He further believed that a woman could not orgasm until the semen actually touched the walls of her vagina.’
- ‘Do you leak urine during sex, particularly when you orgasm?’
- ‘Yeah, and in case you've got any doubts: ‘Nothing is more glorious then hearing the trumpet of a goose when he orgasms!’’
- ‘Or that it requires more effort for both women to orgasm together.’
- ‘Whenever I orgasm after drinking I have a terrible burning sensation while urinating, along with the feeling that I constantly have to pee.’
- ‘Genital surgery as young children that was not personally consented to often causes compromised genital sensation and inability to orgasm, and functional damage can give rise to feelings of loss of body ownership.’
- ‘Pink Hair gushed at how the audience was supposedly orgasming over it.’
- ‘And every artery in my body orgasmed from the rush of fat and cholesterol.’
- ‘Our expectation was that orgasm would lead to greater total recall error by producing greater overestimation.’
- ‘She orgasms like this and settles back down again laying on top of my chest.’
- ‘The Scandinavians, it seems, have problems as only 10 percent of Finns orgasm, only eight percent of Swedes and the Icelanders also have a chilly time of it.’
- ‘Tommy was apparently doing a good job as Meagen orgasmed only minutes after I arrived at the door.’
Late 17th century: from French orgasme, or from modern Latin orgasmus, from Greek orgasmos, from organ swell or be excited.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.