One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of disease with extracts from animal organs, especially glands.
- ‘Organotherapy is based on the discovery that many diseases are accompanied by minute changes in the cells and their function.’
- ‘Organotherapy targets specific organs and tissues.’
- ‘Brown-Séquard's advocacy gave rise to a renewed interest in the 1890s in what was now called ‘organotherapy’: the use of extracts of animal organs as therapeutic agents.’
- ‘Organotherapy has a direct effect on stimulating the function of the organ by enhancing the selection of enzymes and specific nucleic acids lacking in the organ.’
- ‘This use is thought to have originated from the idea, going back to Roman times, that consumption of animal genitalia is an effective way to treat sexual problems (‘organotherapy‘).’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.