One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of disease with extracts from animal organs, especially glands.
- ‘Organotherapy is based on the discovery that many diseases are accompanied by minute changes in the cells and their function.’
- ‘Organotherapy has a direct effect on stimulating the function of the organ by enhancing the selection of enzymes and specific nucleic acids lacking in the organ.’
- ‘This use is thought to have originated from the idea, going back to Roman times, that consumption of animal genitalia is an effective way to treat sexual problems (‘organotherapy‘).’’
- ‘Organotherapy targets specific organs and tissues.’
- ‘Brown-Séquard's advocacy gave rise to a renewed interest in the 1890s in what was now called ‘organotherapy’: the use of extracts of animal organs as therapeutic agents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.