One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a compound) containing a metal atom bonded to an organic group or groups.
- ‘In working with organometallic compounds, for example, he placed the metal atom at the center of a geometric figure (such as a cube) and surrounded it with other atoms, ions, and groups of atom at the corners of the figure.’
- ‘Metal carbonyls are organometallic compounds where one or more of the metal ligands are carbon monoxide.’
- ‘It contains his personal recollections of some of the exciting developments in transition metal organometallic chemistry over the last half-century to which he contributed.’
- ‘An organometallic compound is an organic compound in which a metal atom is attached directly to a carbon, with the exclusion of metallic salts of organic acids.’
- ‘Ziegler was researching organometallic compounds (carbon compounds that contain metals) and their effects on polymerization reaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.