One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
often as modifier Any of a large group of pesticides and other synthetic organic compounds with chlorinated aromatic molecules.
- ‘Metals and organochlorine compounds were analyzed by the Quebec Toxicology Center, Quebec City, Canada.’
- ‘However, fish contain environmental toxins such as mercury, polychlorinated biphenyls, and organochlorine pesticides, which may negate the beneficial cardiovascular effects of fish meals.’
- ‘They are urging farmers to rid their farms of de-registered chemicals such as DDT, Dieldrin and persistent organochlorine pesticides.’
- ‘For the scientifically-minded: A perchlorate molecule is an organochlorine and has the chemical formula ClO4 -, four oxygen atoms surrounding a chlorine atom.’
- ‘Public outcry resulted in the banning of the organochlorines DDT, BHC and lindane in 1978.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.