One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Criminal activities that are planned and controlled by powerful groups and carried out on a large scale.‘the new leaders are determined to tackle corruption and organized crime’
- ‘We must take concrete steps to combat corruption and organized crime.’
- ‘Crucial components of the project include an all-out drive to confront organized crime.’
- ‘For example, in the United States organized crime gangs have used pizza parlours to mask proceeds from heroin trafficking.’
- ‘This is a clear indication of the growing international concern about organized crime.’
- ‘The spread of organized crime has benefited from three recent trends.’
- ‘Any serious war on narcotics trafficking and money laundering has to open a war on organized crime.’
- ‘Prohibition led to gangland warfare and a permanent plague of organized crime.’
- ‘Drug trafficking is responsible for an estimated 30 to 40 percent of organized crime revenues.’
- ‘Through his interaction with these men, he began to question his involvement in the drug trade and organized crime.’
- ‘Money laundering is run by organized crime and the powers that oversee drug trafficking.’
- ‘The columnist exposed leaders of organized crime in Dublin and was shot to death in 1996.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.