Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A law stating the formal constitution of a nation.
- ‘These rights exist under what the Declaration of Indepence - the first of the organic laws of the United States - refers to as the laws of nature and Nature's God.’
- ‘It is safe to assert that no government proper ever had a provision in its organic law for its own termination.’
- ‘Most recently, in 1996 an organic law transferred financial responsibility to provincial governments.’
- ‘But the organic law, the law flowing out of the constitution, has not been passed yet.’
- ‘It's the fundamental organic law of our country.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.