One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of chemistry that deals with carbon compounds (other than simple salts such as carbonates, oxides, and carbides).
- ‘Dehydration, in the sense of formation of a water molecule through chemical reaction, is an important part of organic chemistry and biochemistry.’
- ‘The field of environmental chemistry calls on organic chemistry, biochemistry and a heck of a lot of biology.’
- ‘Both these guys have PhD's - one in organic chemistry, the other in physics - but if you saw them down the pub or talked to them you'd have no idea.’
- ‘The fellowships are awarded in synthetic organic chemistry and computational chemistry.’
- ‘The article reported that astronomers have allegedly found vast waves of water vapor and traces of carbon molecules that can play a basic role in organic chemistry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.