One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of chemistry that deals with carbon compounds (other than simple salts such as carbonates, oxides, and carbides).
- ‘The article reported that astronomers have allegedly found vast waves of water vapor and traces of carbon molecules that can play a basic role in organic chemistry.’
- ‘Dehydration, in the sense of formation of a water molecule through chemical reaction, is an important part of organic chemistry and biochemistry.’
- ‘The field of environmental chemistry calls on organic chemistry, biochemistry and a heck of a lot of biology.’
- ‘The fellowships are awarded in synthetic organic chemistry and computational chemistry.’
- ‘Both these guys have PhD's - one in organic chemistry, the other in physics - but if you saw them down the pub or talked to them you'd have no idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.