One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of the branch of science that deals with carbon compounds.‘structural formulas are exceedingly important to organic chemists’
- ‘An organic chemist brings his general skills and knowledge as an organic chemist to the task, but he cannot be expected to know the contents of review articles.’
- ‘Benzene is the favorite target of organic chemists.’
- ‘He became the greatest organic chemist in France.’
- ‘Organic chemists routinely use this reagent.’
- ‘He described his wife as an "organic chemist and bio-chemist by trade".’
- ‘As an organic chemist with a major pharmaceutical company, he was on a good salary, developing a new generation of drugs by synthesising molecules found in nature.’
- ‘By the end of the year, I knew that I wanted to be an organic chemist.’
- ‘There are several qualities that we organic chemists admire about carbon.’
- ‘Organic chemists support the flavor business in at least two fundamental ways.’
- ‘The demand for organic chemists trained to PhD level remains constant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.