Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A connected mass of ore in a mine or suitable for mining.
- ‘The only raw material that the plant will be using is the ore mined from the Skorpion orebody.’
- ‘Mining operations on these orebodies were carried on for more than a decade.’
- ‘He did not think it was possible to mine the main orebody in the abandoned water-filled pit, so he decided to use an inclined shaft to exploit the oxide zone.’
- ‘The following descriptive mineralogy is based on a study of specimens in private collections that represent all of the orebodies that have been mined to date.’
- ‘The orebody continued to be mined on a small scale for the next ten years, and in early 1967 operations were suspended on the lode after it had produced 2,788,411 pounds of copper.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.