One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Commands must be obeyed, however much one may disagree with them.‘orders are orders and you're only doing your duty’
- ‘But orders are orders, I'm sure after so many years, you understand.’
- ‘It's a shame that such beauty has to be wasted, but orders are orders.’
- ‘I'm really sorry about this but orders are orders,’ Tommy said with a slight smile.’
- ‘But orders are orders, and it was a matter of honor.’
- ‘I don't see the point, it's not like the grass is gonna grow much in this weather, but orders are orders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.