One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The room in a barracks used for regimental or company business.
- ‘The lumber was needed at Istres to build barracks, mess hall, orderly rooms, latrines, clinic, headquarters, and officer and enlisted clubs.’
- ‘The squadron orderly room and operations buildings were in the squadron area as was the mess hall and ablutionary - all walking distance from the flight line.’
- ‘He was told to report to the orderly room one day.’
- ‘Brochures and donation forms should be available at all unit orderly rooms and Corporate Support shopfronts.’
- ‘Corporal Adrian Porter helps Corporal Ben Wright with some administrative matters in the orderly room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.