One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pasture grass with broad leaves and green or purplish flowering spikes; cocksfoot.
- ‘Pull up to the big cottonwood tree in the middle of the ranch and you'll see a herd of cattle munching contentedly on orchard grass, fescue, strawberry clover and other cool-season species.’
- ‘The majority of their diet should be free-choice grass hays such as timothy, orchard grass or brome.’
- ‘When Leila was seven years old, her stepfather ran out of fuel when mowing, leaving a large rectangle of unmown orchard grass.’
- ‘‘I've planted a number of grasses, like brome, timothy, perennial rye and annual rye, orchard grass and fescue,’ he notes.’
- ‘Our experience is that this orchard grass will try to start regrowing in three days.’
- ‘The best source of fiber is hay, such as timothy, alfalfa, oat, or orchard grass.’
- ‘The most common cool-season grasses are orchard grass, smooth brome, meadow brome and creeping foxtail.’
- ‘The dominant forage is orchard grass, with some quack, brome, blue grass and assorted other species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.