Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The area of the cerebral cortex located at the base of the frontal lobes above the orbits (or eye sockets), involved especially in social and emotional behaviour.
- ‘The forebrain specifically the orbitofrontal cortex, which uses associative information to envision future outcomes can be significantly damaged by binge drinking.’
- ‘Without the presence of medial orbitofrontal cortex, we wouldn't have been predisposed to like babies.’
- ‘The orbitofrontal cortex is the part of the brain associated with compulsive behaviors.’
- ‘In Williams Syndrome, this fragile system was significantly abnormal, particularly the orbitofrontal cortex.’
- ‘Disruption of the metabolism of the orbitofrontal cortex may contribute to compulsive drug intake in addicted individuals.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.