One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area of the cerebral cortex located at the base of the frontal lobes above the orbits (or eye sockets), involved especially in social and emotional behaviour.
- ‘Without the presence of medial orbitofrontal cortex, we wouldn't have been predisposed to like babies.’
- ‘The forebrain specifically the orbitofrontal cortex, which uses associative information to envision future outcomes can be significantly damaged by binge drinking.’
- ‘Disruption of the metabolism of the orbitofrontal cortex may contribute to compulsive drug intake in addicted individuals.’
- ‘The orbitofrontal cortex is the part of the brain associated with compulsive behaviors.’
- ‘In Williams Syndrome, this fragile system was significantly abnormal, particularly the orbitofrontal cortex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.