One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small group of orange trees growing together.‘the farm is surrounded by orange groves’
- ‘Farmers slowly drive mules along the orange groves.’
- ‘There are physical limits on how quickly orange groves can be developed.’
- ‘They abandoned the orange grove and the greens at the town's western edge.’
- ‘Their tiny lanes and byways are hidden from view among the olive trees above and the orange groves below.’
- ‘Many families cooked home meals and took them to the orange groves to feed the worker families.’
- ‘Most of the orange groves are still there, although they aren't maintained as part of a working farm any more.’
- ‘Florida used to be known as the State of sunshine, orange groves, pelicans, and sandy beaches.’
- ‘The landscape provides a stark contrast to the more popular south, boasting lush green vegetation, orange groves, and vineyards.’
- ‘In warm weather, one eats outside in an orange grove with views over rustic villas.’
- ‘My sister and her entire family have just put deposits on homes near Seville in a village peppered with orange groves where life purrs along.’
- ‘The hotel is built around a lovely garden overlooking orange groves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.