One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small group of orange trees growing together.‘the farm is surrounded by orange groves’
- ‘In warm weather, one eats outside in an orange grove with views over rustic villas.’
- ‘Most of the orange groves are still there, although they aren't maintained as part of a working farm any more.’
- ‘The hotel is built around a lovely garden overlooking orange groves.’
- ‘There are physical limits on how quickly orange groves can be developed.’
- ‘They abandoned the orange grove and the greens at the town's western edge.’
- ‘My sister and her entire family have just put deposits on homes near Seville in a village peppered with orange groves where life purrs along.’
- ‘Florida used to be known as the State of sunshine, orange groves, pelicans, and sandy beaches.’
- ‘Farmers slowly drive mules along the orange groves.’
- ‘The landscape provides a stark contrast to the more popular south, boasting lush green vegetation, orange groves, and vineyards.’
- ‘Many families cooked home meals and took them to the orange groves to feed the worker families.’
- ‘Their tiny lanes and byways are hidden from view among the olive trees above and the orange groves below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.