One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A solution of neroli in water, used in perfumery and as a food flavouring.
- ‘But I especially love them drizzled with honey with a hint of orange flower water.’
- ‘Add the aniseed, sesame seeds, almond, orange flower water, and the remaining water.’
- ‘Combine the orange juice, orange flower water, Cointreau, honey, sultanas and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to melt the honey.’
- ‘The taste is very deep and complex, unlike anything I have ever experienced: it lingers in your mouth and nose in a powerful way, and tastes almost perfumey, a bit like orange flower water or rose water.’
- ‘In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine the flour, two tablespoons of butter, orange flower water, and salt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.