One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for orangutan
- ‘But at once he has just the same sense that the orang could be a human child.’
- ‘I made good use of my new telephoto lens, as you'll see when the book comes out next spring; the postcard pictures are of the siamang, an orang, and various bonobos.’
- ‘The children race back to the orang's enclosure.’
- ‘The money will help fund a project in Borneo to care for orphaned orangs.’
- ‘I happen to love orangs and I find this to be great news!’
- ‘Maybe it's because an orang once looked me right in the eye and I recognised myself in him.’
- ‘For example, male orangs are typically much larger than females and have longer canine teeth.’
- ‘May 19th, Biruté Galdikas is speaking at the zoo on orangs.’
- ‘We have chosen values that might plausibly reflect the total species diversity in chimps, gorillas, and orangs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.