One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for orangutan
- ‘But at once he has just the same sense that the orang could be a human child.’
- ‘The money will help fund a project in Borneo to care for orphaned orangs.’
- ‘The children race back to the orang's enclosure.’
- ‘We have chosen values that might plausibly reflect the total species diversity in chimps, gorillas, and orangs.’
- ‘For example, male orangs are typically much larger than females and have longer canine teeth.’
- ‘I happen to love orangs and I find this to be great news!’
- ‘May 19th, Biruté Galdikas is speaking at the zoo on orangs.’
- ‘I made good use of my new telephoto lens, as you'll see when the book comes out next spring; the postcard pictures are of the siamang, an orang, and various bonobos.’
- ‘Maybe it's because an orang once looked me right in the eye and I recognised myself in him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.