One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bones used in ancient China for divination.
- ‘Until 1443 the Koreans are reputed to have used Chinese characters to commit their thoughts to paper, oracle bones, tortoise shells, lavatory walls or whatever could be written upon.’
- ‘Then, in 1899, Shang oracle bones extensively inscribed with the name of the High God, Di, were unearthed.’
- ‘In timespan they range from 3000-year-old Chinese oracle bones, to a Korean electronic book produced in 2001.’
- ‘In Figure 2, there are four fragments of oracle bones.’
- ‘The main principles for composing Chinese characters had already been established in inscriptions on oracle bones and shells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.