One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bones used in ancient China for divination.
- ‘The main principles for composing Chinese characters had already been established in inscriptions on oracle bones and shells.’
- ‘Then, in 1899, Shang oracle bones extensively inscribed with the name of the High God, Di, were unearthed.’
- ‘Until 1443 the Koreans are reputed to have used Chinese characters to commit their thoughts to paper, oracle bones, tortoise shells, lavatory walls or whatever could be written upon.’
- ‘In timespan they range from 3000-year-old Chinese oracle bones, to a Korean electronic book produced in 2001.’
- ‘In Figure 2, there are four fragments of oracle bones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.