One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Or anything similar.‘use chopped herbs, nuts, garlic, or whatever’
- ‘Directors can no longer plead ignorance, or whatever other excuse they choose.’
- ‘They are waiting at the door when I open up at 6.20 and will buy the paper or whatever before they go in.’
- ‘Please help with donations of clothes, blankets or whatever you think might help.’
- ‘I suppose if you are doing a serious thing you need things to spice it up or whatever.’
- ‘It allows jurors to vote against the law if they consider the law unfair or whatever.’
- ‘If people do get it wrong, people should not be sacked or demoted or whatever, as long as it is done with good intent.’
- ‘They said the dog had died from heat stroke or exhaustion or whatever it is that happens to dogs when they burn up.’
- ‘Whether it is a leadership academy or whatever, is a matter for others, I expect.’
- ‘Then more piglets die after they have been born, by being laid on by their mothers or whatever the problem is.’
- ‘How do you get that, and get the professional skills or whatever it is that you need to widen participation?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.