One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who practises optometry.
- ‘Pennsylvania College's program will be based on a strong biomedical curriculum, similar to programs for physicians, dentists and optometrists.’
- ‘He recommended buying sunglasses from reputable opticians with in-house optometrists, where a simple UV test can be performed.’
- ‘Your optometrist may refer you to an ophthalmologist for more complex eye problems, for special procedures and for conditions requiring surgery.’
- ‘If glaucoma is suspected or if the patient is at high risk for developing glaucoma, referral to an optometrist or an ophthalmologist for further evaluation is essential.’
- ‘Any deviations from acceptable performance require further examination by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist.’
- ‘The development could take a couple of years, but they had submitted a timetable for improvement, and had involved local GPs, opticians and optometrists in the planning.’
- ‘In Britain, there are two types of opticians - optometrists and dispensing opticians.’
- ‘This exam is generally administered by either an optometrist or an ophthalmologist.’
- ‘Co-management involves other ophthalmologists or optometrists who see you first and then refer you for surgery.’
- ‘We would also be willing to direct you to amply qualified optometrists, psychiatrists and educational institutions.’
- ‘While the nutritional component of eye care is slowly catching on among traditional optometrists and ophthalmologists, other natural treatments have not been as popular.’
- ‘An optometrist can do these during a sight test.’
- ‘Now, there are only 5,000 optometrists, 15,000 ophthalmic surgeons and 25,000 opticians.’
- ‘A dispensing optician, she was accompanied by six optometrists for a fortnight, in Pune, in India.’
- ‘Many Americans regularly see their dentists, physicians and optometrists.’
- ‘The scope of optometric practice expanded in the 1970s as some states authorized optometrists to treat certain eye diseases with pharmaceuticals.’
- ‘We also ran a popular vision screening with an on-site optometrist who distributed donated eyeglasses that students had collected.’
- ‘Last time I checked there were no surgeons or optometrists at Starbucks.’
- ‘A simple way your optometrist or ophthalmologist can correct this is with reading glasses.’
- ‘I've been sleeping with my contact lenses in but the optometrist told me that I should be taking them out every night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.