One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A technique in neuroscience in which genes for light-sensitive proteins are introduced into specific types of brain cells in order to monitor and control their activity precisely using light signals.‘optogenetics allows researchers to control how nerve cells communicate’
- ‘Ultimately if it consistently proves safe and effective in the large, complex brains of primates, optogenetics could eventually be used in humans where it could provide a variety of potential diagnostic and therapeutic benefits.’
- ‘For the candidate for Laboratory of Animal Models extensive experience in optogenetics is desired.’
- ‘We may one day be able to isolate electrical potentials or neurotransmitter bursts down to the near-cellular level in animals - there are advances in optogenetics pointing in this direction.’
- ‘Optogenetics had been used in small rodent models.’
- ‘We take advantage of optogenetics to create virtual olfactory realities.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.