One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1treated as singular The branch of technology concerned with the combined use of electronics and light.
- ‘One area in which optoelectronics may play a role is in developing sensors for biological and chemical agents.’
- ‘There may be fewer complaints about skills shortages now that the industry has shed thousands of jobs, but there are still dozens of unfilled posts in optoelectronics and electronic engineering.’
- ‘There are more than 1500 technical papers on topics including lasers, biomedical optics, and optoelectronics.’
- ‘Photonics and optoelectronics are interesting and important technologies that are relevant to many of these markets.’
- ‘Another challenge is that optoelectronics is a mélange of unstandardized technologies and material systems.’
- 1.1treated as plural Circuitry constructed using optoelectronics.
- ‘All known high performance optoelectronics are built on the rigid, brittle planar surfaces of semiconductor wafers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.