One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-essential additional item which is available for purchase.
- ‘Another optional extra is a video of the flight, captured on an in-flight camera.’
- ‘The multicolour seat, featured in the previous model, continues to be available as an optional extra.’
- ‘This was supplied with new kits and made available as an optional extra for existing aircraft.’
- ‘The test car was fitted with plenty of optional extras.’
- ‘Also fairly impressive is the list of optional extras available for this American built machine.’
- ‘The strap is an optional extra; you often see adverts for personalized ones in the papers, although plenty of luggage shops like Salisburys sell them.’
- ‘There are also a few optional extras available including seat warmers and a keyless entry system.’
- ‘Over the past 18 months almost every car manufacturer has begun including adaptive headlamps in its list of optional extras.’
- ‘A range of optional extras is available enabling a client to configure a system that best suits needs.’
- ‘Automatic window wipers and folding, electrically heated door mirrors are optional extras.’
- ‘Gloves were not an optional extra - they were as essential to your outfit as the right shoes or bag.’
- ‘Sales and marketing director Tracey Brady says: ‘We want to provide our customers with a wide choice of quality optional extras that will help them create their dream home.’’
- ‘It makes sense that the more optional extras you go for, the heavier the vehicle will be.’
- ‘But for the cars that seem to have everything, there are some optional extras available.’
- ‘Sauces and side orders are an optional extra, but sometimes the large, beautiful portions are quite enough by themselves.’
- ‘On top of this, an electronic climate control, normally an optional extra costing £800, is available at a cut price of £250.’
- ‘It is available as an optional extra for 2.0-litre models and above.’
- ‘The system is available as an optional extra on the latest SLK-Class roadster which goes on sale here in the summer.’
- ‘Lunch available in Stradbally is an optional extra.’
- ‘The problem had been selecting the optional extras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.