One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of making the best or most effective use of a situation or resource.‘companies interested in the optimization of the business’count noun ‘the developers know many optimizations can be made’
- ‘This is awareness, which feeds suggested optimizations back into business processes.’
- ‘Sometimes the problem is to convince your boss or client put effort into any optimization methods.’
- ‘Detailed examples provide hands-on resources for implementing the suggested optimizations.’
- ‘She continues to redefine optimization in the U.S., and she's redefining optimization for new media.’
- ‘Dynamic programming is a strategy for solving optimisation problems.’
- ‘Of course, they again made a few optimizations in order to improve the memory controller performance.’
- ‘Perez denies the optimization results in a poorer image.’
- ‘The company took the optimization of their software applications for multi-processor platforms very seriously.’
- ‘Highlights include handy image optimisation, a simple animation process and a powerful image morphing tool.’
- ‘It will probably require multiple passes because the code optimization is done in steps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.