One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows hope and confidence about the future.‘the bank optimistically predicts an economic growth rate of 5 percent’‘he spoke optimistically about what is ahead’
- ‘Using this framework the final section optimistically considers how the economics discipline is likely to rise again.’
- ‘But luckless Paul, 40, is refusing to allow his spirits to wane and is looking optimistically to the future.’
- ‘I (rather optimistically) packed up a lot of my books and music some months ago in anticipation of moving!’
- ‘The organization optimistically expects this process to take four months.’
- ‘Bankers reacted optimistically to the news yesterday, saying the opening will provide significant cost savings.’
- ‘Thus, the slight increase in retail sales for January might not be best interpreted optimistically.’
- ‘The Spanish optimistically called the country "Rich Coast."’
- ‘They'll at least want to keep you on file, for when (optimistically speaking) job positions open.’
- ‘Although the meeting ended optimistically, the problems at the moment are getting worse.’
- ‘The new system is optimistically targeted for a 2004 implementation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.