One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows hope and confidence about the future.‘the bank optimistically predicts an economic growth rate of 5 percent’‘he spoke optimistically about what is ahead’
- ‘The Spanish optimistically called the country "Rich Coast."’
- ‘The new system is optimistically targeted for a 2004 implementation.’
- ‘Bankers reacted optimistically to the news yesterday, saying the opening will provide significant cost savings.’
- ‘Using this framework the final section optimistically considers how the economics discipline is likely to rise again.’
- ‘Thus, the slight increase in retail sales for January might not be best interpreted optimistically.’
- ‘They'll at least want to keep you on file, for when (optimistically speaking) job positions open.’
- ‘The organization optimistically expects this process to take four months.’
- ‘I (rather optimistically) packed up a lot of my books and music some months ago in anticipation of moving!’
- ‘Although the meeting ended optimistically, the problems at the moment are getting worse.’
- ‘But luckless Paul, 40, is refusing to allow his spirits to wane and is looking optimistically to the future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.