One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A microscope using visible light, typically viewed directly by the eye.
- ‘In comparison, current optical microscopes can only make out details down to one-tenth the diameter of a red blood cell, or about 400 nanometers.’
- ‘Crystallization and other phase behaviors were observed by an optical microscope.’
- ‘The horizontal length and vertical length of root elongation were measured under an optical microscope with a micrometer eyepiece.’
- ‘Likewise, an optical microscope cannot resolve features much less than a wavelength of visible light across.’
- ‘The electron microscope makes possible the determination of structures not visible through optical microscopes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.