One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very pure kind of glass used for lenses.
- ‘Optical fibers are made of extremely pure optical glass.’
- ‘Etched in optical glass, the reticle has the clarity Leupold scopes are renown for.’
- ‘A powerful internal light will illuminate the perforated 12-metre section near the stop, which will taper off to a tip of optical glass.’
- ‘Platinum crucibles are used to melt high-quality optical glass and to grow crystals for computer chips and lasers.’
- ‘Schott, a Carl Zeiss subsidiary, produces optical glass that is widely regarded as the finest in the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.