One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thin flexible fibre with a glass core through which light signals can be sent with very little loss of strength.
- ‘At the basic level, a digital electrical signal is converted to an optical signal and transmitted across an optical fiber using a laser.’
- ‘In that technique, an optical fiber is used to transmit light from a specially coated lens.’
- ‘Such fibres might outperform normal optical fibres because light trapped in their hollow core travels through a tenuous gas, rather than a solid glass.’
- ‘The light detected by the receiver is transmitted through an optical fibre to a computerised spectrum analyser.’
- ‘That is, one thin strand of optical fiber can receive and transmit light from 40 lasers at the same time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.