One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thin flexible fibre with a glass core through which light signals can be sent with very little loss of strength.
- ‘In that technique, an optical fiber is used to transmit light from a specially coated lens.’
- ‘That is, one thin strand of optical fiber can receive and transmit light from 40 lasers at the same time.’
- ‘The light detected by the receiver is transmitted through an optical fibre to a computerised spectrum analyser.’
- ‘Such fibres might outperform normal optical fibres because light trapped in their hollow core travels through a tenuous gas, rather than a solid glass.’
- ‘At the basic level, a digital electrical signal is converted to an optical signal and transmitted across an optical fiber using a laser.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.