Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The degree to which a refractive medium retards transmitted rays of light.
- ‘Cultures were grown to an optical density of 1.0 in rich medium containing 2% dextrose.’
- ‘For each sample, the optical densities were plotted as a function of volume loaded.’
- ‘The second method comprised measuring optical densities of bacterial cultures.’
- ‘The physical density is changed, but is the optical density changed as well?’
- ‘The antioxidant potential of serum was calculated by the decrease in the optical density during the first minute.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.