One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The identification of printed characters using photoelectric devices and computer software.
- ‘We had been in contact since my early experiments with optical character recognition in the early 90's.’
- ‘I'm no expert on optical character recognition, but it I'm sure that every little visual cue that distinguishes one character from another, helps in improving accuracy and processing speed.’
- ‘The machine-readable passports, which now have a standardized presentation worldwide, are being printed in a manner suitable for optical character recognition.’
- ‘The relevant software such as text-retrieval systems or optical character recognition could be used to do the necessary transformation and processing.’
- ‘They are also at the heart of practical technologies, such as optical character recognition and speech recognition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.