One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A straight rigid bar, typically marked with a scale, to which supports for lenses, light sources, and other optical components can be attached.
- ‘Other materials such as lithium niobate are better suited to this application and should be considered as a candidate for hybrid integration onto a polymer optical bench.’
- ‘Ultrafast laser systems now sat comfortably on an optical bench.’
- ‘This is a computer-controlled instrument containing an infrared optical bench and an electrochemical sensor.’
- ‘Unpolarized light stimuli were delivered from a double beam optical bench.’
- ‘The high power beam passes through the fine beam control system mounted on an optical bench.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.