Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The pathway between the optic chiasma and the brain.
- ‘For example, the optic tract between the medulla and the lobula complex may project directly toward the brain instead.’
- ‘The medial part of the lateral geniculate body is commonly confused with the medial root of the optic tract.’
- ‘Originally they thought it was near the thalamus, but now they think it could be close to the optic tract.’
- ‘The nerve fibres in the optic tract terminate in two main areas of the brain.’
- ‘For targets close to the optic tract light-evoked fiber discharges are identified by listening for alterations in neuronal discharges that coincide with a light stimulus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.