One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of an optic nerve, causing blurred vision.
- ‘Significantly, 46 percent of patients with optic neuritis develop neurologic symptoms over 13 years of follow-up.’
- ‘Other neurological features include cranial neuropathies, optic neuritis, and ataxia.’
- ‘Optic neuropathy and optic neuritis, sometimes progressing to total blindness, have been described in a small number of patients treated with amiodarone.’
- ‘When the inflammation doesn't involve the optic disk, doctors refer to it as retrobulbar optic neuritis.’
- ‘Steroids given orally are ineffective in treating optic neuritis and may actually increase a person's risk for future attacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.