One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of the second pair of cranial nerves, transmitting impulses to the brain from the retina at the back of the eye.
- ‘Look at the optic nerve that connects the retina of your eye to the visual cortex of your brain.’
- ‘Information that is focused on the retina is then transmitted down the nerve, called the optic nerve, and arrives at the brain.’
- ‘Elevated eye pressure can damage the optic nerve; a healthy optic nerve is necessary for good vision.’
- ‘Pressure in the eye builds up and damages the optic nerve and nerve fibres of the retina, leading to glaucoma.’
- ‘The most studied topographical projection is that of the optic nerve from the retina into the brain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.