Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lobe in the midbrain from which the optic nerve partly arises.
- ‘Their optic lobes are enlarged compared to dinosaurs found closer to the Equator, which would enable them to see better in the dark.’
- ‘Archaeopteryx even had large optic lobes to process the visual input needed for flying.’
- ‘Eye discs were then separated from the optic lobe and mounted in 80% glycerol.’
- ‘The effects of light are apparently mediated by the eyes, which are attached directly to the brain via the optic lobe.’
- ‘Information from these receptors is processed in the optic lobes of the brain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.