One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lobe in the midbrain from which the optic nerve partly arises.
- ‘Their optic lobes are enlarged compared to dinosaurs found closer to the Equator, which would enable them to see better in the dark.’
- ‘Information from these receptors is processed in the optic lobes of the brain.’
- ‘The effects of light are apparently mediated by the eyes, which are attached directly to the brain via the optic lobe.’
- ‘Eye discs were then separated from the optic lobe and mounted in 80% glycerol.’
- ‘Archaeopteryx even had large optic lobes to process the visual input needed for flying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.