Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lobe in the midbrain from which the optic nerve partly arises.
- ‘Archaeopteryx even had large optic lobes to process the visual input needed for flying.’
- ‘Information from these receptors is processed in the optic lobes of the brain.’
- ‘Their optic lobes are enlarged compared to dinosaurs found closer to the Equator, which would enable them to see better in the dark.’
- ‘The effects of light are apparently mediated by the eyes, which are attached directly to the brain via the optic lobe.’
- ‘Eye discs were then separated from the optic lobe and mounted in 80% glycerol.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.