One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The raised disc on the retina at the point of entry of the optic nerve, lacking visual receptors and so creating a blind spot.
- ‘The tumor did not involve the optic disc or nerve.’
- ‘The optic disc marks the exit point of the retinal nerve fibres from the eye.’
- ‘Symptoms include floaters and blurred vision caused by swelling of the optic disc and macular edema.’
- ‘Visual acuities should be measured and the optic discs examined.’
- ‘The optic disk is where all of the nerve fibers come together at the back of the eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.