One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for optical axis
- ‘Crystals of the calcareous cyst wall layer are orientated with their crystallographic optic axis (c-axis) tangential to the cyst's surface.’
- ‘Assume we have a thin section with a grain oriented so that we are looking down an optic axis.’
- ‘Even if the objects are located along the optic axis, the three images will be separated and are available for separate inspection.’
- ‘However, this surface enhancement with a focused beam only occurs from surfaces perpendicular to the optic axis and would not explain the appearance of the axially oriented surfaces evident in both figures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.