One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing opposition; contrasting.‘the SDL and Labour had oppositive views on issues such as land’
opposite, opposed, opposing, oppositional, diametrically opposed, extreme, contrary, contradictory, antithetical, antagonistic, conflicting, counterbalancingView synonyms
- ‘In most languages there are negative or oppositive verbs.’
- ‘The same type of information should be determined for the oppositive party if possible.’
- ‘The president met with foreign reporters as a nationwide general strike called by oppositive politicians and supported by business and labor went into its 12th day.’
- ‘One gets the clear impression that popular discourse is struggling to affirm itself, to be louder and more effective in its oppositive force.’
- ‘Critics of the state take the oppositive view that it is a deeply flawed institution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.