One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chance of success occurs.‘with the right support, opportunity knocks’
- ‘In their case opportunity knocks on their doors whenever there's a wedding in the family.’
- ‘Everyone, or nearly everyone, has shared in the boom, and opportunity knocks for all who seek to better themselves.’
- ‘When opportunity knocks, these politicians tend to ignore it.’
- ‘You always stay prepared so that when opportunity knocks, you're ready to open that door - and step through it.’
- ‘But if opportunity knocks, Cassie would prefer to stick with her studies and stay firmly behind-the-scenes.’
- ‘Then one day opportunity knocks, but there's a price to pay…’
- ‘But if you're not willing to walk the walk, then you won't be ready when opportunity knocks.’
- ‘World Book Day is on March 6 and opportunity knocks.’
- ‘When opportunity knocks, pressure is not far behind.’
- ‘Then, when opportunity knocks, you'll be ready to answer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.