The loss of other alternatives when one alternative is chosen.
- ‘As incomes rise and the opportunity cost of performing menial labor changes, fewer people will want to work as servants.’
- ‘For now, we will assume that the opportunity cost of their time is $5, which now gives them a residual of $5.’
- ‘On the other hand, the lower yield curve also implies a lower opportunity cost of waiting to invest, due to the lower short-term rate.’
- ‘That's the opportunity cost of domestically produced software.’
- ‘Gold held as reserves by a Central Bank has an opportunity cost.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.