One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The abdomen of a spider or other arachnid.
- ‘The long rear part is the opisthosoma, which can be further divided into a broad flattened pre-abdomen consisting of seven segments, and a narrower and more cylindrical post-abdomen of only five segments.’
- ‘The body is divided into a front part - the cephalothorax or prosoma, and a rear part, the abdomen or opisthosoma.’
- ‘The chelicerate body plan is characterized by two tagmata, the prosoma, including head structures, and the opisthosoma.’
- ‘The opisthosoma consists of 10 freely articulating segments, divided into a preabdomen of seven and a postabdomen of three.’
- ‘Of the eight specimens, three are almost complete and five consist only of the prosoma and part of the opisthosoma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.