One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Paralysis of the muscles within or surrounding the eye.
- ‘The patient was observed until approximately 20 months later, when he developed new complaints of a 4.5-kg weight loss, bone and joint pain, and ophthalmoplegia.’
- ‘This is the first time that such a damaged enzyme - a DNA synthesis enzyme - has been shown to play a role in a degenerative disease, in this case a condition called progressive external ophthalmoplegia.’
- ‘The latter would not explain the possible ophthalmoplegia and difficulty with ambulation, however.’
- ‘Cranial nerve musculature is less involved, and ophthalmoplegia is rare.’
- ‘Chronic alcoholics are at risk of Wernicke's encephalopathy, in which delirium becomes complicated by ataxia and ophthalmoplegia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.