One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An optician qualified to prescribe and dispense glasses and contact lenses and to detect eye diseases.
- ‘Initially qualifying as an ophthalmic optician, he returned to his first love, medicine.’
- ‘Helen qualified as an ophthalmic optician two years ago.’
- ‘Respecting the professionalism of their ophthalmic opticians, I shan't mention the name of the firm, but I'd have thought that after 250 years in business they'd have got their administrative act together.’
- ‘Subject to the following provisions of this section, a person who is not a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician shall not test the sight of another person.’
- ‘Thanks to Lawrence and Mayo, one of the leading ophthalmic opticians in the city, nearly 100 residents of an apartment at Jawahar Nagar, Kadavanthra, got their eyes tested on their premises on Sunday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.